Need more information!!??!! Want to talk to a professional at Williams? Lyndsay Jimenez Reading Specialist can help and answer your questions. 512-414-2525
Central Texas Dyslexia Conference
Join AISD for a free conference bringing together education leaders, teachers, researchers, parents and advocates to learn how to help dyslexic students develop their strengths and overcome their weaknesses in our public schools. A strengths-based approach is critical in helping students build the motivation, resilience and self-confidence needed to reach their full potential inside the classroom and beyond. Featured speakers include Dr. Nathan Clemens from the University of Texas and Dr. Jennifer Petrich, also known as the "Literacy Doctor".
When: Thurs. Oct. 18, 2018 from 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Where: Austin ISD Performing Arts Center,
1500 Barbara Jordan Blvd.
Registration will open on August 1, 2018 through EVENTBRITE
Austin ISD employees will register through Eventbrite & through HCP.
Conference Website: http://bit.do/ctxdyslexia
What is dyslexia? What are traits? Does your student show these traits? How can you help?
Study skill and organizational strategies can directly support students at risk! Consider the provision of direct instruction in the following areas:
- Note taking
- Calendar/agenda usage
- Goal setting/goal reflection
- Binder/homework organization
- Communication with teachers (email/oral)
- Listening and reading comprehension strategies (graphic organizers, author’s purpose, main idea, predicting, text features, summarizing)
- Studying & test-taking strategies
- Study habits/personal organization (imperative for students living in two or more households)